1. General information
The 29th Art Film Fest (hereafter referred to as the Festival) will take place from 16 to 23 June 2023 in Košice. ART FILM FEST offers a multidimensional presentation of the latest works of European and global cinema, as well as notable titles from film history and an extensive overview of contemporary Slovak cinema. The Festival’s centrepieces are its 2 competition sections. The International Competition of Fiction Feature Films (over 60 min.) is open to film directors who have made their first, second or third feature-length fiction film under professional conditions. The International Competition of Short Films focuses on short-length work of all genres (up to 30 min).
Main Organizer of Festival: ART FILM FEST s.r.o., Tomášikova 30C, 821 01, Bratislava, Slovenská republika; IČO: 48 284 254.
2. Competition sections and official Awards
2.1 The International Competition of Fiction Feature Films applies to:
- the director’s first, second or third feature-length fiction film
- produced after January 1st, 2022,
- available on one of the following formats: DCP 2D,
- over 60 minutes in length.
A five-member International Jury will select the winners of the Fiction Feature Film Competition for the “Blue Angel” Award. The Jury decides by majority vote and announces the results at the Festival’s Closing Ceremony.
The Jury of the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films will confer 4 official awards:
- Blue Angel for Best Film (given to the producer of the film)
- Blue Angel for Best Director (given to the director of the film)
- Blue Angel for Best Female Performance
- Blue Angel for Best Male Performance
The Jury has the right to grant additional awards called “Special Mention” to other films in the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films.
Persons associated with the films in competition are not allowed to be members of the jury or be present during the decision-making process.
2.2 The International Short Film Competition applies to:
- films up to 30 minutes in length (short films),
- fiction, documentary, experimental or animated, produced by professionals or students,
- produced after January 1st, 2022*,
- available on one of the following formats: DCP 2D
* Due to the fact that the festival did not take place last year, the organizers of the festival reserve the right to apply an exception that entitles them to include films with copyright 2021 in the official selection this year.
A three-member International Jury will select the winner of the Short Film Competition for the statutory Award “Blue Angel for Best Short Film”. The Jury decides by majority vote and announces the results at the Festival’s Closing Ceremony.
The Jury of the International Competition of Short Films will confer one official award:
- Blue Angel for Best Short Film (given to the director of the film)
The Jury has the power to grant additional awards called “Special Mention” to other films in the International Competition of Short Films.
Persons connected with a film in competition are not allowed to serve for the corresponding Jury
3. Terms and conditions of festival registration
The submissions for the 2023 film competition will not be open. The programme team reserves the right to select films of the two competitive sections at their own discretion.
4. Film selection
The films for the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films are selected by the Programme Director of the Festival. The selection of films for the International Short Film Competition is decided by the programmer of the competition section. Films for non-competition sections will be selected by their respective programmers.
5. Promotion of selected films
Art Film Fest Košice reserves the right to use excerpts from selected films for promotional purposes as follows:
- feature-length fiction films – up to 3 minutes,
- short films – up to 30 seconds.
During the Festival (and also afterwards if necessary), trailers of selected films will be presented at festival venues, broadcast on TV channels promoting Art Film Fest Košice, shown on the festival webpage and during multimedia presentations. If needed, Art Film Fest reserves the right to use chosen extracts from selected films (max. length of 10 seconds) for creation of the festival trailer.
Art Film Fest reserves the right to use stills from selected films for its own promotional materials (festival catalogue, flyers, posters, billboards, webpage, in multimedia presentations) and to distribute reproductions of them for the Festival’s promotional purposes.
All issues connected with the invitation of guests are settled by Programme Director or General Manager. The Festival provides the invited film representatives with accommodation ( at least 2 nights covered by the festival) and travel expenses are covered up to an amount determined by the Festival´s current financial circumstances.
7. Consent to the processing of personal data
The processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “the GDPR”) and Section 13 of Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and the amendment of certain laws (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You have the right to access the personal data you have provided; this right is best exercised via written request to the e-mail address ks.tsefmliftra@opd.
Responsible person: Peter Jurák
You also have the right to:
- request that your personal data be changed
- limit the processing of the personal data you have provided
- request that your personal data be erased from the Organizer’s information system
- object to the processing of your personal data
- withdraw your consent at any time
- initiate proceedings under Section 100 of Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data
- You can also exercise your rights by means of a written complaint addressed to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
The personal data you have provided will also be sent to other categories of recipient (hereinafter referred to as “the Intermediary”), namely:
- tech support and software development
- staff/outside personnel
This is for the purposes of administering the technical aspects of the recordkeeping system and organizing the festival. Both the Organizer and the Intermediary are obliged to protect the collected personal data from accidental or unlawful damage or destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized access and accessibility, as well as from any other form of mishandling.
The Organizer has no intention to transmit the acquired personal data to third countries or international organizations.
8. Contact details
ART FILM FEST s.r.o.
Tomasikova 30C, 5th floor
Rules and Regulations of AFF 2023 update from 3th of March 2023.