1. General information
The 28th Art Film Fest Košice will take place from June 23 – 27, 2021 in new location of Košice city. This year’s Festival will offer a multidimensional presentation of the latest works of European and global cinema, as well as notable titles from film history and an extensive overview of contemporary Slovak cinema. The Festival’s centrepieces are its 2 competition sections. The International Competition of Fiction Feature Films (over 60 min.) is open to film directors who have made their first, second or third feature-length fiction film under professional conditions. The International Competition of Short Films focuses on short-length work of all genres up to 30 min.
Main Organizer of Festival: ART FILM FEST s.r.o., Tomášikova 30C, 821 01, Bratislava, Slovenská republika; IČO: 48 284 254.
2. Competition sections and official Awards
2.1 The International Competition of Fiction Feature Films
is open to fiction feature films which are:
- the director’s first, second or third feature-length fiction film
- produced after January 1st, 2020,
- available on one of the following formats: DCP 2D,
- over 60 minutes in length.
A five-member International Jury will be set up to select the winners of the Fiction Feature Film Competition for the “Blue Angel” Award. The Jury decides by majority vote and announces the results at the Festival’s Closing Ceremony.
The Jury of the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films will confer 4 official awards:
- Blue Angel for Best Film (given to the producer of the film)
- Blue Angel for Best Director (given to the director of the film)
- Blue Angel for Best Female Performance
- Blue Angel for Best Male Performance
The Jury has the power to grant additional awards called “Special Mention” to other films in the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films.
Persons connected with a film in competition are not allowed to serve for the corresponding Jury.
3. Terms and conditions of festival registration
Owners of screening rights (hereinafter called “the submitter”) may submit their films to the 28th Art Film Fest Košice as follows:
- International Competition of Fiction Feature Films until April 30th, 2021
Online entry form will be available for both the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films and the International Competition of Short Films at the Festival webpage from January 20th, 2021.
By submitting an online entry form and pre-selection online screener for the Festival, the submitter confirms the full acceptance of the festival’s rules and regulations and declares an agreement of film screening at the Festival.
Online entry form must be sent together with a link to the online screener (with English subtitles) before the deadlines.
4. Film selection
The films for the International Competition of Fiction Feature Films are selected by the Programme Director of the Festival.
In case a film has been accepted into the official Art Film Fest programme, the Festival informs all relevant submitters via e-mail at latest by May 31st, 2021.
The festival reserves the right not to inform submitters of films that have been rejected. Only films selected for both International competitions will be informed about their selection.
5. Requested documentation and promotional materials for the selected films
For films selected for the official Art Film Fest Košice programme, the submitter is required to submit the following materials before June 10th, 2021:
- synopsis / brief summary of the film (in electronic form),
- film credits (in electronic form),
- press kit (in electronic form),
- director’s filmography and CV (in electronic form)*,
- stills from the film (in electronic form with a minimal resolution of 300dpi*),
- photograph of the director (in electronic form)*,
- time-coded dialogue list in English and the film’s original language (in electronic form),
- posters, flyers, postcards (or other promotional materials*),
- trailer or excerpts from the film on mp4*.
*Photographs must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
If previously agreed upon their film’s acceptance into the programme, after June 12th, 2020 the submitter has neither the right to withdraw the film from the official programme nor may they claim additional conditions.
6. Screening formats and delivery
Art Film Fest Košice will accept the following screening format media:
- DCP 2D.
The submitter is responsible for the delivery of the screening format to the festival address no later than
June 8th, 2020.
Unless the film submitter has made different arrangements, the Festival will cover expenses related to the undirectional shipping of the screening format, i.e. either to or from the Festival. If the screening format is travelling in the festival circuit, Art Film Fest Košice will still only cover its shipping expenses in one direction, i.e. either to or from the Festival.
The Festival is not responsible for custom fees related to the import or export of the film print in any country other than the Slovak Republic.
The Festival will cover the fees related to insurance covering loss and partial or total destruction of the screening material from the moment of its delivery at the Festival to the moment of its submission to the delivery service as stipulated by the FIAPF policy. If due to the damage new screening material needs to be produced, the Festival will take responsibility for the production of a standard print at a cost corresponding to current Slovak prices.
If the Festival is not informed of the film’s export destination before
July 31st, 2020, it will be sent to the address of the submitter.
7. Promotion of selected films
Art Film Fest Košice reserves the right to use excerpts from selected films for promotional purposes as follows:
- feature-length fiction films – up to 3 minutes,
During the Festival (and also afterwards if necessary), trailers of selected films will be presented at festival venues, broadcast on TV channels promoting Art Film Fest Košice, shown on the festival webpage and during multimedia presentations. If needed, Art Film Fest reserves the right to use chosen extracts from selected films (max. length of 10 seconds) for creation of the festival trailer.
Art Film Fest reserves the right to use stills from selected films for its own promotional materials (festival catalogue, flyers, posters, billboards, webpage, in multimedia presentations) and to distribute reproductions of them for the Festival’s promotional purposes.
All issues connected with the invitation of guests are settled by the Festival Committee of Art Film Fest Košice and by Programme Director and General Manager. The Festival provides the invited film representatives with accomodation (2 nights covered by the festival) and festival accreditation. The travel expenses are dealt individually and are covered up to an amount determined by the Festival´s current financial circumstances.
Hospitality terms for other official guests of the Festival shall be arranged individually and specified in their personal invitations.
9. Consent to the processing of personal data
The processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “the GDPR”) and Section 13 of Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and the amendment of certain laws (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”.
A. Consent to the processing of personal data – submitting a film for competition
By filling in and sending the submission form at https://artfilmfest.sk/prihlaska-filmu/ or https://artfilmfest.sk/en/submit-film, the applicant voluntarily consents to the processing of their personal data in the information system of ART FILM FEST s.r.o., Tomášikova 30C, 821 01 Bratislava, company ID: 48 284 254 (hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”) as follows:
types of data:
- given name, surname, title
- e-mail address
- telephone number
for the purposes of:
- keeping records of producers’/filmmakers’ film submissions into the International Competition of Feature Films or the International Competition of Short Films at the film festival Art Film Fest 2021
for a duration of:
- no longer than two years after consent is provided
If the above-mentioned personal data are not provided, the application cannot be accepted or processed, nor can the film be entered into the competition.
B. Consent to the provision of personal data – data archival
On the web-based form, the applicant may also give voluntary consent to the processing of their personal data in the information system of ART FILM FEST s.r.o., Tomášikova 30C, 821 01 Bratislava, Company ID: 48 284 254 (hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”) after the expiration of consent A. in its original extent.
for the purposes of:
- archiving the film and the applicant’s personal contact data in the Organizer’s information system in the event that they express interest in submitting other films later
for a duration of:
- as long as the film festivals bearing the name Art Film Fest are held
This consent is voluntary; it has no influence on the inclusion of the submitted film into competition. If this consent is not given, the festival organizer is obliged to erase all the information acquired via the submission form (A. Consent to the processing of personal data – submitting a film for competition) from the film submission records after the expiration of consent A.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You have the right to access the personal data you have provided; this right is best exercised via written request to the e-mail address ks.tsefmliftra@opd.
Responsible person: Peter Jurák
You also have the right to:
- request that your personal data be changed
- limit the processing of the personal data you have provided
- request that your personal data be erased from the Organizer’s information system
- object to the processing of your personal data
- withdraw your consent at any time
- initiate proceedings under Section 100 of Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data
- You can also exercise your rights by means of a written complaint addressed to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
The personal data you have provided will also be sent to other categories of recipient (hereinafter referred to as “the Intermediary”), namely:
- tech support and software development
- staff/outside personnel
This is for the purposes of administering the technical aspects of the recordkeeping system and organizing the festival. Both the Organizer and the Intermediary are obliged to protect the collected personal data from accidental or unlawful damage or destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized access and accessibility, as well as from any other form of mishandling.
The Organizer has no intention to transmit the acquired personal data to third countries or international organizations.
10. Deadlines and important dates
- April 30th, 2021 – Submission deadline of fiction feature-length films
- May 31st, 2021 – Film selection closed
- June 10th, 2021 – Delivery deadline for promo material of selected films
- – Delivery deadline for screening media of selected films
- – The 28th edition of Art Film Fest Košice
- – Notification deadline of the export destinations of all screening formats
11. Contact details
Art Film Fest s.r.o.
Tomasikova 30C, 5th floor
Tel.: +421 2 20 85 51 00
Rules and Regulations of AFF 2021 update from 7th of May.